Last Update; March 23, 2020
Please head over to our new page for the most up to date information.
Please note that Interior Health(External link) should remain your primary source of information in the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) outbreak. Please visit their website (External link)for the latest information.
Shuswap Tourism is striving to ensure Shuswap region businesses and visitors have the information and resources they need to make informed decisions. With that in mind, we have compiled the below information sources that will be updated as this situation evolves.
Only Canadian citizens, diplomats, crew and immediate family members of citizens are allowed entry to Canada. New restrictions may be imposed with little warning. For the latest travel advisories visit the Government of Canada website.
Official resources and up-to-date information to ensure visitors can make informed travel decisions about COVID-19 as it relates to travel to and within British Columbia.
The Canada-US border is closed to all non-essential travel and irregular migrants will be turned away. Check the Canadian Border Services Agency for updates.
Events and Conferences
Gatherings of over 50 people are prohibited in BC at this time, this includes casinos. Please contact your event organizer or venue directly for the latest details.
Shuswap accommodations providers remain open for business. Check directly with your accommodations provider if you have questions prior to travel.
BC Ferries is operating with reduced service on some routes. Learn more about BC Ferries COVID-19 response.
Preventing Transmission of Diseases
Learn more about the coronavirus, symptoms, how it spreads, and prevention from HealthLinkBC.
- Visit Health Link BC’s website for detailed information on COVID-19, including FAQs.
- Call the Health Canada 2019 COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397
- Visit Destination BC’s website for provincial travel information
- Visit Parks Canada website for National Parks information
- The Province has created a dedicated phone service to provide British Columbians non-medical information about COVID-19.
- Please call or via text message 1-888-COVID19 1-888-268-4319, seven days a week between 7:30am-8:00pm.
For specific community and CSRD Electoral Area COVID-19 information, please access the relevant link(s) below.