Sounds of the Shuswap
Great Sounds, Great People, Great Place
There's Music Afoot!
Salmon Arm’s acclaimed Roots & Blues Festival is a highlight of BC’s music scene.
This incredibly popular outdoor musical festival draws over 25,000 enthusiastic attendees and features musicians from Canada and around the world. The festival has become a prominent link on the national festival circuit and is considered among the top roots festivals in Canada, offering a diverse range of Canadian and international artists who educate, entertain, and challenge audiences to expand their musical horizons. The Roots & Blues festival showcases some of the world’s best blues, world, folk, zydeco, alternative, funk, and reggae music, all in the welcoming, visually arresting setting of the Shuswap! In 2017, the festival will celebrate its 25th year as one of the highlights of BC’s cultural calendar.
The Salmon Arm Roots & Blues Festival is held at the Salmon Arm Fair Grounds, where Mount Ida and the Fly Hills provide a scenic background. The festival grounds are located near the centre of Salmon Arm, just one block off the Trans-Canada Highway. The sounds are great, the atmosphere is incomparable, and there’s music and activities for all members of the family. Children 12 and under admitted free with adults.
Check out these aural treats:
- Salmon Arm Roots & Blues Festival
- NimbleFingers Bluegrass and Old Time Music Festival & Workshops
- Shuswap Music Festival
- Salmon Arm Jazz Club
- Enderby - Music by the River
- Sicamous - Music in the Park
- Chase - Music on the Lake
- Salmon Arm - WOW! Wednesday on the Wharf
- Blind Bay - Music in the Bay
- Lunchbox Stage - Ross Street Plaza
- Scotch Creek - Friday Nights Live
- Salmon Arm - Saturday Nights Live
For more events visit the Festival and Special Events page.