Ride on! 8 favourite MTB trails in the Shuswap
1) Rubberhead: Looking for a thrill? 18 trail sections feature intermediate and advanced downhill rides from steep and rooty to fast and flowy. Climb back uphill on two wheels, or shuttle up in your own vehicle.
2) South Canoe: Cross-country, downhill - something for everyone - with four brand-new MTB trails! Home of the famous Salty Dog Enduro Race, this is the locals’ go-to trail system.
3) Reinecker Creek: Up for a challenge? Test your mettle with a strenuous cross-country loop through lush forest, beginning and ending in Herald Provincial Park - home of the iconic Margaret Falls.
4) Blind Bay White Lake Traverse: Find flowing, forested tranquility on this intermediate 8 km traverse. Perfect for families or folks looking for a shorter, but adrenaline-filled ride. The trailhead is at the bike skills park in White Lake.
5) Larch Hills Traverse: An epic 38 km romp through forests, fens, and fabulous lake vistas from Salmon Arm to Sicamous. The big finish is a series of 40 switchbacks down to Sicamous (and a well-earned beach)!
6) Roderick Haig-Brown Park: New here? These flat, twisty trails are great for beginner riders keen for a fear-free forest frolic. Wind along salmon spawning creeks, and head further up the Adams River gorge for a longer, more challenging ride.
7) Eagle River Nature Trails: Take it easy around this series of loop trails through old growth cedar and hemlock forest, right down to the river’s edge. Great for beginners and anyone looking for an enjoyable, shaded jaunt through the trees. Located east of Sicamous.
8) Salmon Arm Foreshore Trail / Salmon Arm Waterfront Raven Trail: Trail access doesn’t get easier than this! Hop on right downtown at the wharf, and ride out to Christmas Island. The trail’s flat and friendly, but keep an eye out for wildlife! Beavers sometimes drop trees over the trail.