Organizers of the Word on the Lake Writers Festival have announced the names of the presenters for this year’s event, one of British Columbia’s largest writers’ festivals.
Presenters Announced For Writers Festival
SALMON ARM, BC (February 2017) – Organizers of the Word on the Lake Writers Festival have announced the names of the presenters for this year’s event, one of British Columbia’s largest writers’ festivals.
“Once again the caliber and variety of presenters this year is exceptional,” said Kay Johnston, festival chair. “This speaks well for the reputation that the festival has earned during its 14 years with both attendees and presenters”
The roster of presenters for the event May 19-21 includes:
- Gail Anderson-Dargatz, author of the new best seller ‘Spawning Grounds,’ a renowned writer of Literary Fictio
- Lorelei Fiset – Social Marketing specialist
- Jacqueline Guest-International award winner, writer of popular Young Adult Fiction. Recipient of the Order of Canada 2017.
- Blu & Kelly Hopkins-Acoustic Musicians & Songwriters. Winners of BCIMA Awards for 2007 2008. Blu & Kelly Hopkins are a song writing multi-instrumentalist duo. Focusing on original material they will be leading a lyrics writing workshop.
- Theresa Kishkan-Multi award winner. One of BC’s most respected and well known authors of 13 books of poetry, 3 novels ( literary Fiction), a memoir & novellas. Creator of ‘Fish Gotta Swim’ publishing–specializing in the novella.
- Myrna Kostash-writer of Non Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction, Essayist, contributor to diverse magazines. Writer of radio dramas documentary TV & film, play scripts and theatre cabaret. Professor of Journalism and winner of numerous awards.
- Halli Lilburn-author of Young Adult fiction-Steam Punk &Fantasy.
- George Opacic-Director of the federation of BC Writers specializing in the business aspects of writing.
- Anna Comfort O’Keeffe-Managing Editor for Douglas & McIntyre
- Cea Sunrise Person-author of North of Normal. Specializing in Memoir.
- Patrick Taylor-author of 6 best selling Irish Country books e.g. An Irish Country Doctor, An Irish Country Village…his new book An Irish Country Love Story which was published in October 2016
- John Vaillant-author of two nonfiction books The Golden Spruce, a top 10 seller since its publication. The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance & Survival and his first novel-The Jaguar’s Children
- Sheri-D Wilson-Performance Poet, Award winning author of 11 books, creator of 4 short films and has released 3 albums combining music & poetry. She has performed throughout the western world & South Africa.
Johnston, who is also the president of the Shuswap Association of Writers, which organizes the event, credits the diversity and quality of festival workshops for it being selected recently by British Columbia Magazine as one of the province’s best book festivals.
“The festival strives to ensure that every attendee & presenter feels welcome, included and able to take advantage of all of the festival’s opportunities,” Johnston said. “This is what has made it the largest writers’ festival in the province outside of the lower mainland.”
The festival will be at the Prestige Harbourfront Resort and Okanagan College. It is a festival for every kind of writer from absolute beginners to the experienced. Join us for an exciting and fun weekend of meeting other writers and writing.
Registration is scheduled to open February 28th, 2017. Check out the Early Bird prices-we have the lowest festival registration fees of any other comparable festival. Also there will be an early registrant’s only draw for a fantastic gift package! TAKE A LOOK.
- For More Information:
- Kay Johnston
- Phone: 250-832-3028
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org